Thursday 3 July 2014

All about (dispute) MEDIATION


I sent her lawyer an email yesterday asking that our 'dispute' go before a mediator.

"Mediation is a voluntary, confidential way to resolve family law issues. A trained, accredited mediator will meet with both parties to try to help them reach a settlement," says the badly formatted and punctuation-challenged mediate311 brochure (sorry, it's the writer in me)

Mediators are provided free at the court house if your income is less than $12,000 or so per year and is provided 'off-site' at a rate geared to your income if you make more than twelve.

Do I expect her to agree? No. I've been trying to get her to sit down with me and have an adult conversation for a year, long before she 'lawyered up'.

But we can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment