Wednesday 4 June 2014

Please attend my court appearance - INVITATION #2




Well, it is now only two weeks before the 'Respondent' - that's what the court documents call her - and the 'Applicant' (me) appear in Family Court.

You are all invited to attend, June 19, 311 Jarvis, just north of Dundas in downtown Toronto. Court time is 11:30 am. Bring your family. Bring your loved ones. Bring your friends. Nearly 3K of you have visited my bog since I set it up two months ago, I'd like to see HUNDREDS of you show up on June 19. It doesn't matter whether you come to be in her corner or my corner - PLEASE JUST COME.

Why? Well for four reasons that I can think of:
  1. To see how fair and just our legal system operates - especially when compared to the legal systems in many, many other countries in the world.
  2. To hear the mean-spirited and shameful things that people who used to be in love do to each other when they fall out of love, especially when children, or in our case, grandchildren are involved. (In the past couple months I have spent hours just sitting in Family Court as a spectator - hence I have named 311 Jarvis 'The House of Broken Loves.")
  3. I need to be taught a lesson - so embarrass me, browbeat me, grill me! I tend to learn lessons best when they involve emotional pain. The lesson I need to learn? "You were a REALLY bad judge of the Respondent's character James! Learn to do better!"
  4. You will be reminded that a relatively simple disagreement takes on a life of its own as soon as one of the parties hires a lawyer.
Oh, and see if you can figure out the one fundamental question that nobody - not the Respondent, not her lawyer, not my adult kids, not the court - has thought to ask me.

Many thanks... Peace, James

Oh... and those of you who I see are following my blog and live in Belgium, Poland, Venezuela, Netherlands, UK, Lithuania, South Africa, China, and Germany.... I will understand if you can't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment